VIB is a Life Sciences research institute, based in Flanders (Belgium) that hosts 9 research centers and 90 individual research groups. VIB performs state-of-the-art basic research with a strong focus on translating the scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. VIB is highly committed to being the driving force behind the growth of the dynamic life sciences cluster in Flanders.
The VIB Science & Technology Unit (at headquarters in Ghent) sets up and implements institutional initiatives and programs that contribute to a stimulating and supportive environment for the researchers in the institute. Examples of such initiatives include the Tech Watch Program and the Core Facilities Program, which introduce, implement, disseminate and offer services in state-of-the-art technologies in Life Sciences. The team also houses the Grants office that offers a broad range of support to VIB scientists in every step of (inter)national grant applications. Finally, all activities and programs related to research evaluation in the institute, performance monitoring and benchmarking are managed by the team.
With the increasing number of exciting projects, the Science & Technology Unit is searching for a motivated Assistant to strengthen the team.
As Assistant Science & Technology, you will work closely with the managers of the Science & Technology team for the administrative coordination and follow-up of the different programs. With their guidance, you will be responsible for:
- Administrative follow-up of the institutional programs.
- Collecting, uploading and formatting data in databases as the basis of reporting, monitoring and benchmarking.
Your main tasks will include:
- Agenda- and meeting organization,
- Booking and arranging travel, transport and accommodation,
- Scheduling and organizing (online) meetings,
- Compiling and preparing reports, presentations and correspondence,
- Interacting with the administration of VIB Headquarters units and of research centers,
- Adequate using and keeping up to date databases and filing systems,
- Implementing and maintaining procedures/administrative systems,
- Mastering in-house Office (and other) tools that facilitate communication, collaboration and project management in the team.
We are looking for a candidate who:
- Possesses a professional bachelor, (master’s degree) or equivalent through experience,
- Is proficient in written and spoken in Dutch and/or English,
- Is a positive team player with strong social and communication skills,
- Is meticulous, well-organized, and structured,
- Can combine a diversity of tasks and work with short deadlines,
- Is proficient in general Microsoft 365 packages,
- Experience with MS Teams, OneNote, Forms and other Office apps is a great plus,
- Is eager to learn new software packages.
- A varied and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative and international environment.
- Hands-on, In-house training
- Full-time position with an open-ended contract
- Salary according to your experience, with several additional benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates have to apply through our online recruiting system.
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references