About the lab
The VIB-UGent Center for Plant Systems Biology (PSB) is a world-leading plant science institute located at the heart of the renowned Plant Biotechnology campus in Ghent, Belgium. Its mission is to unravel plant biological processes and translate this knowledge into value for society.
The Plant Genome Editing group at PSB focuses on developing and implementing genome editing tools for plants. We use a variety of systems, from standard knockout approaches to base editing, homologous recombination, and combinatorial CRISPR screens in both model and crop species.
We are looking to recruit a highly-motivated Ph.D. student to help establish the moss Physcomitrium patens as a new model species in the group to develop novel genome editing technologies (chromosomal engineering, directed evolution, CRISPR screens).
- Experience with molecular cloning, cell-based assays, and plant transformation
- Experience and interest with plant research and high-throughput systems
- Strong sense of responsibility eager to learn new concepts and techniques
- Good command of English, both oral and written
A four-year Ph.D. position is available from May 2021 with an internationally competitive salary and benefits. The researcher will have access to state-of-the-art infrastructure and services as well as various training and leadership opportunities to broaden expertise and skills.
Application deadline April 16th, 2021, or until the position is filled.
How to apply?
Submit your application through the VIB application portal. Be sure it includes:
- A detailed CV
- A 1-page letter of intent describing how your research experiences and interests are aligned with the position offered
- The names and contact details of three references
Emailed applications will not be considered.