The research group of Prof. Dr. Lennart Martens at Ghent University and VIB in Ghent, Belgium, is specialized in the storage, processing and analysis of large data sets obtained from modern high-troughput analysis methods in the life sciences.
This highly international and dynamic group is looking for a new member to strenghten its software development team. Supporting team memebers, collaborations with other groups, and the development and maintenance of end-user oriented software make this a versatile and challenging position.
The group is very internationally oriented, and has very close collaborations with groups in Germany, Norway, Sweden and the UK, amongst others. The group offers an open, highly dynamic and challenging working environment, in which team work, initiative and originality are strongly stimulated.
For more information:
- You have (or will soon have) a Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in (bio-) science, informatics or engineering.
- You combine an avid interest in software development and informatics with a curiosity about life sciences.
- You are eager and able to acquire new skills under the guidance of experts.
- You can program in an object-oriented programming language, preferably Java and/or Python.
- Any experience you have with (Linux) server administration and with relational databases (e.g., MySQL) is an asset.
- Finally, you are a team worker, who enjoys solving problems in collaboration with others.
- The positon is immediately available.
- The successfull candidate will be offered a one-year contract that can be extended into an open-ended contract if positively evaluated.
For more information please contact Lennart Martens.