The FACS Core Facility is a shared resource laboratory belonging to the Biomedical Science Group at the KU Leuven. This facility is also part of the Translational Immunology Laboratory managed by Dr. Adrian Liston which is an internationally recognized research group is embedded in the infrastructure of the VIB and KUL.
We are looking for a skilled FACS Core Lab Technician. As flow cytometry technician, you report to the FACS Core manager and you will be responsible for developing, improving and implementing laboratory techniques that contribute to the accurate completion of research projects involving flow cytometry. In this function, you contribute substantially to research projects that depend on the FACS Core Facility.
- You have a bachelor degree in any of the Life sciences.
- You have basic computer skills and knowledge of data processing programs (such as MS Word, Excel...).
- A good knowledge of English is essential, knowledge of Dutch is desirable.
- You have experience with computer programs with an emphasis on analysis of data generated using flow cytometry.
- You have demonstrated ability to interpret and explain the theoretical basis of the work performed.
- Demonstrated experience in flow cytometry, working knowledge of BD FACSAria, BD Influx, BD Symphony or BD Canto is considered an asset.
We offer you a multifaceted job in an international and multidisciplinary work environment, and the ability to strengthen your expertise using state-of-the-art instrumentation.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing previous research experience and the names and contact information of 3 references.
Interested candidates are invited to apply for this job via the online application tool.
For more information: