The Comparative Network Biology lab (Klaas Vandepoele) of the VIB Center for Plant Systems Biology is looking for a Postdoc Computational Network Biology in Plants.
Our objective is to extract and validate biological knowledge from large-scale experimental data sets using data integration, comparative sequence and expression analysis, and network analysis. In our lab, we combine computational methods with experimental data to generate new insights about gene function, gene regulation and comparative genome biology.
In this project, our objective is to
- delineate high-quality biological networks in different plant species
- develop new methods to accurately translate biological networks between different species (model species & crops) with different levels of genome complexity
- Fully funded Postdoc position for 2 years (start date March 2018 or later).
- You get the freedom to design and execute a personal research project addressing some of the objectives listed above.
- Through (inter)national collaborations with wetlab scientists, computational results can be experimentally validated!
- Perform co-supervision of research projects of PhD students in the lab.
- Access to a diverse set of training programs at VIB (both scientific & soft skills)
- Reporting of results through publications in peer-reviewed international journals.
- Attending and presenting your results at international scientific events.
- You have PhD degree in Bioinformatics, Computational Biology or related.
- You are enthusiastic about scientific research and have a strong interest in studying plant biology using genomics and systems biology approaches.
- Through international peer-reviewed publications, you have a track record in plant genomics or systems biology research (people only having publications describing experimental/wetlab work will not be retained).
- You are fluent with Linux/Unix and have good knowledge of Python or another programming/scripting language.
- You have good communication and writing skills.
- You are proficient in English.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. Please make sure your application includes a letter of motivation, a detailed CV and the contact information of 2 references (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers). Applications will be accepted until 31 January 2018.