The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven, which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities. At our Center, researchers study the basic mechanisms of the central nervous system and related diseases.
The Laboratory of Sleep and Synaptic Plasticity (PI: Sha Liu) at the VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is seeking an energetic and highly-motivated Research Technician to join our group. Our lab employs multi-disciplinary approaches, including Drosophila genetics, behavior analysis, electrophysiology, functional imaging, and neural circuit mapping and manipulation, to study the basic mechanisms underlying sleep and its function in the brain.
The research technician will help us establish the lab and will support the team in daily research. He/She will be responsible for aspects of lab organization such as lab maintenance, orderings, and overseeing biosafety requirements. The successful candidate is also expected to perform molecular cloning, Drosophila stock maintenance, fly genetics, behavior screening, and immunohistochemistry.
- You possess a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent.
- Hands-on experience in at least one of the following areas is desirable:
- Molecular cloning
- Drosophila genetics
- The successful candidate must be meticulous, detail-oriented and self-motivated, and able to interact well with other members of the research team.
- Proficiency in written and spoken English and Dutch is required.
- Open-ended contract, competitive salary and benefits.
- Starting Date: the position is immediately available.
How to apply?
Interested candidates please send a cover letter describing previous research experience and career goals, a detailed CV, and contact information for 2 references to Sha Liu or use the online application tool.