About Aelin Therapeutics
Aelin Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical VIB start-up company that has secured a 27 M€ investment to pioneer peptide-based novel modalities to create a powerful first-in-class antibiotics and agents against high-value undruggable human targets.
The technology, branded Pept-ins™, harnesses the power of protein aggregation to induce specific functional knockdown of a target protein. It is based on the ground-breaking work of structural biologists Prof Joost Schymkowitz and Prof Frederic Rousseau (KU Leuven). The Pept-in™ technology allows for the rational design of novel peptide-based therapeutics and differentiates itself from other therapeutic modalities through its unique mode of action, its designability and broad target space.
Aelin Therapeutics is now recruiting to build a motivated and innovative team to realise the therapeutic potential of Pept-ins. For more information please visit www.aelintx.com.
The ideal candidate will have a degree in chemistry or life sciences, and will have previous laboratory management experience, ideally gathered in the R&D life science sector in industry and/or academia. The candidate will work with R&D scientists in maintaining peptide chemistry and biology laboratories, enter new compounds into databases, prepare stock solutions and reagents, manage reagent and equipment ordering, service contracts, and oversee a smoothly running overall laboratories infrastructure. Experience in overseeing health and safety in the laboratory environment desirable, and in setting up general laboratory SOPs.
The candidate should work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting start-up environment.
- Maintenance and upkeep of laboratory infrastructure
- Setup and management of service contracts with equipment providers
- Reagent ordering, contracts
- Calibration of equipment
- Compound logging and preparation of stock solutions
- Media preparation, cell culture work
- Laboratory waste management
- Together with the R&D scientists evaluate new procedures and techniques. Maintain procedure manuals and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with overall R&D health and safety
- Experience with basic chemistry, reagent and compound handling, health and safety
- Laboratory support managerial experience
- Good computing skills in MS Office suite, and compound databases
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities, and to take on new tasks
- Motivated team player with the ability to efficiently manage their own work
- Excellent organisational skills, eye for detail and natural desire to keep things in order
- Excellent written and oral skills (including English)
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in an ambitious start-up biotech company
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the company
Do you have the right qualifications, a bright mind, sharp instincts, collaborative spirit, and innovative vision and are you interested in joining our entrepreneurial team? Then forward a short motivation letter and your CV.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.