About Aelin Therapeutics
Aelin Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical VIB start-up company that has secured a 27 M€ investment to pioneer peptide-based novel modalities to create a powerful first-in-class antibiotics and agents against high-value undruggable human targets.
The technology, branded Pept-ins™, harnesses the power of protein aggregation to induce specific functional knockdown of a target protein. It is based on the ground-breaking work of structural biologists Prof Joost Schymkowitz and Prof Frederic Rousseau (KU Leuven). The Pept-in™ technology allows for the rational design of novel peptide-based therapeutics and differentiates itself from other therapeutic modalities through its unique mode of action, its designability and broad target space.
Aelin Therapeutics is now recruiting to build a motivated and innovative team to realise the therapeutic potential of Pept-ins. For more information please visit www.aelintx.com.
The ideal candidate will have a Masters degree in chemistry or a related discipline, with at least 3 years of practical experience gathered in an industry and/or academic setting, working in organic chemistry with experience in automated and manual peptide synthesis desirable.
The role is primarily based in the laboratory, and will share the responsibility for the synthesis, purification, and HPLC/MS analysis of peptidic lead molecules. The candidate should work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting start-up environment.
- Synthesis and purification of peptides, using automated synthesisers and purification equipment
- Analytical characterisation of peptides
- QC, record-keeping, compound logging
- Compound characterisation for physicochemical, solubility and structural properties
- Demonstrated skills in organic chemistry and organic synthesis
- Experience in peptide synthesis and HPLC purification
- Analytical characterisation of peptides/small molecules for QC, using HPLC and mass spectrometry
- Motivated team player with the ability to efficiently manage their own work
- Excellent organisational skills and close attention to detail
- Excellent written and oral skills (including English)
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in an ambitious start-up biotech company
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the company
Do you have the right qualifications, a bright mind, sharp instincts, collaborative spirit, and innovative vision and are you interested in joining our entrepreneurial team? Then forward a short motivation letter and your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.