About Aelin Therapeutics
Aelin Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical VIB start-up company that has secured a 27 M€ investment to pioneer peptide-based novel modalities to create a powerful first-in-class antibiotics and agents against high-value undruggable human targets.
The technology, branded Pept-ins™, harnesses the power of protein aggregation to induce specific functional knockdown of a target protein. It is based on the ground-breaking work of structural biologists Prof Joost Schymkowitz and Prof Frederic Rousseau (KU Leuven). The Pept-in™ technology allows for the rational design of novel peptide-based therapeutics and differentiates itself from other therapeutic modalities through its unique mode of action, its designability and broad target space.
Aelin Therapeutics is now recruiting to build a motivated and innovative team to realise the therapeutic potential of Pept-ins. For more information please visit www.aelintx.com.
The ideal candidate will have a PhD in chemistry or a related discipline, with practical experience in peptide chemistry and peptide synthesis, and related expertise in analytical and/or biophysical characterisation. Experience in working as a research scientist in biotechnology and/or drug discovery in the pharmaceutical industry is desirable, however not essential.
The role is primarily based in the laboratory, and involves the design, synthesis/purification, formulation and characterisation of peptidic lead molecules. The candidate should work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting start-up environment.
- Design, synthesis and purification of peptides
- Optimisation of lead molecules through peptide medicinal chemistry
- QC, record-keeping
- Compound characterisation for physicochemical, solubility and structural properties
- Coordination with external partners to augment internal capabilities as needed
- Present work summaries, document work for archival, write SOPs.
- Hands-on expertise in peptide synthesis and purification, using automated synthesizers and HPLC purification equipment. Demonstrated skills in peptide design and synthetic strategies
- Analytical characterisation of peptides/small molecules for QC, by HPLC, LC-MS/MS, MALDI-TOF
- Experience with biophysical techniques desirable, such as CD, DLS, NMR, UV-Vis, fluorescence spectroscopy, MALS, turbidimetry
- Experience with small molecule chemistry desirable
- Post-doctoral and/or industrial experience desirable
- Troubleshoot and problem solve on an independent basis
- Excellent written and oral skills (including English)
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in an ambitious start-up biotech company
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the
Do you have the right qualifications, a bright mind, sharp instincts, collaborative spirit, and innovative vision and are you interested in joining our entrepreneurial team? Then forward a short motivation letter and your CV.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.