The Laboratory of Computational Biology (Stein Aerts lab) and the Single Cell Core at the VIB Center for Brain & Disease Research, are seeking a highly motivated bio-engineer to apply single-cell techniques and to develop and optimise new single-cell methods.
You will be trained and work together with our single-cell expert scientists. These methods will mainly rely on existing and newly designed microfluidics and droplet microfluidics devices. Biological applications are diverse and range from cancer to neuronal development and neurodegeneration, in Drosophila, mouse, and human organs.
- MSc in Biotechnology, Bioengineering, or Engineering
Desirable but not required:
- Experience with microfluidics or next-generation sequencing is a plus.
- A versatile and challenging job with very diverse contacts in a world-class research environment operating at an international level
- Various opportunities to broaden your expertise
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience
- Financial support is available for at least 2 years. However, the successful candidate is encouraged to obtain a personal fellowship (Marie-Curie, EMBO, or National funding organizations).
- Starting Date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.