The VIB Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) is one of the research departments of VIB within the University of Leuven and is located in the University Hospital Campus, Leuven, Belgium. CCB hosts 11 research groups and in total represents a group of about 200 researchers, administrative and technical collaborators. The Center has a very diverse and highly international character, hosting researchers from at least 25 different countries.
The Laboratory for Translational Genetics of Prof. Diether Lambrechts is currently looking for a dynamic and motivated Research Technician to join the team:
We are a young dynamic, motivated and interactive research team, and we are focused on tackling important questions in oncology by translating genetic and epigenetic data into clinically applicable knowledge.
Our investigations are based on the application of cutting-edge sequencing technologies (HiSeq4000/NovaSeq sequencing, next-generation nanopore sequencing, single-cell transcriptome analysis, 4th generation in situ sequencing, etc) and advanced bioinformatics, and on the seamless integration of genomic data sets with clinical and fundamental biological information. A particular interest of our lab is to characterize the heterogeneity of the tumor microenvironment and determine response to cancer therapies that are targeting this micro-environment. Key examples of such therapies are anti-angiogenic and checkpoint immunotherapies, which are both frequently used in the clinic.
To achieve our research goals, we are collecting tumor and liquid biopsies from cancer patients participating in clinical studies, and we apply the above-mentioned advanced high-throughput sequencing techniques to these samples.
- You will be part of a young research team and will be involved in innovative research projects;
- You will be responsible for performing a wide range of research experiments in the area of high-throughput sequencing (library preparation for a variety of sequencing applications including whole-genome-Seq, RNA-Seq, single-cell RNA-Seq, bisulfite-Seq, etc), molecular biology (DNA and RNA manipulations, Western blotting, immunoprecipitation, qPCR, PCR, etc.) and cellular biology (mammalian cell culture, transfection, cellular assays, etc.);
- You will have the opportunity to learn new state-of-the-art technologies and methods;
- Being part of a young research team, you will participate in laboratory management.
- You have a Bachelor or Master in Life Sciences or equivalent;
- You are endowed with a pleasant, social, open-minded and communicative personality;
- Expertise in molecular biology is considered a plus;
- Experience as a researcher in a scientific laboratory is considered a plus;
- You are strongly motivated to learn new skills and are open to a challenge;
- You communicate fluently (written and spoken) in English and Dutch;
- A fascinating work environment in which quality, professionalism and social contact are encouraged;
- The possibility to be at the start of a challenging scientific project that is of relevance to the society;
- An open-ended contract.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include:
- A detailed CV
- A cover letter describing your motivation
Applications sent by email will not be considered. For more information, please contact Diether Lambrechts.