The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven, which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities. At our Center, 250 researchers study the basic mechanisms of the central nervous system and related diseases.
The Vanderhaeghen Lab is looking for a fulltime, highly motivated and dedicated research technician to work in our research team and act as tissue culture manager. Our research team works on brain development and disease and stem cell biology, combining in vitro work with human cell cultures and in vivo work with mice.
The candidate will work experimentally with a variety of systems, in particular with in vitro stem cell culture systems and development. He/she will be responsible to maintain and manage pluripotent stem cell lines as well as organize tissue culture facility.
- You possess at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent. A FELASA B license for animal work is an advantage.
- Good experience with cell culture is a must.
- You must be very meticulous, proactive, independent and self-motivated.
- You have excellent interpersonal communication skills, and strong managing skills.
- You are eager to expand your skills in new technologies.
- You like to work in a team, you are passionate about science and enthusiastic to be part of a dynamic research lab.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Access to top state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Learn innovative techniques and tools , from stem cells to neurobiology
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Open-ended contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing previous research experience and the names and contact information of 3 references. Interested candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be welcome until the position is filled.
For more information: please contact Pierre Vanderhaeghen