VIB-KULeuven is an exciting, interdisciplinary research institute with excellent facilities and leading research groups in e.g. oncology, genomics and other omics technologies, molecular biology and translational research. The VIB Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) is one of the research departments of VIB at KU Leuven and is located at Campus Gasthuisberg, Leuven. CCB hosts 11 research groups and 1 Metabolomics Core facility, with an employment of about 200 researchers, administrative and technical collaborators.
The focus of the Center is to unravel the molecular basis of cancer, and whenever suitable, exploit these insights to develop novel therapeutic or diagnostic strategies.
The center uses state-of-the-art high throughput sequencing and metabolomics technologies to characterize tumor samples.
For its new Single Cell Core Facility, the center is currently looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Scientist.
The candidate will be involved in:
- Running and coordinating single-cell sequencing experiments
- Setting up, optimizing, and maintaining multiple single-cell technologies, with a strong focus on single-cell RNA and other DNA-based technologies
- Setting up new methods to also gather the spatial information of the single-cells profiled by these technologies
- Communicating with PhD students and postdocs from multiple research groups, working mostly on cancer-related single-cell studies. The experiments will start with sample dissociation (e.g., FACS sorting), followed by single-cell assays, up to the next-generation sequencing of the single-cell libraries.
- You have obtained a Masters degree in biomedical sciences, bioengineering, industrial engineering, or equivalent by experience
- Experience with next-generation sequencing and single-cell sequencing is not required, but considered a plus
- You have good communication skills and can work easily together with other (international) team members
- You have a passion and motivation to work on innovative and ambitious projects in an open, dynamic and skilled research team
- Fluency in written and spoken English is required.
- A fascinating work environment in which quality, professionalism and social contact are encouraged
- The possibility to be at the start of a scientifically cutting-edge and society relevant project
- The opportunity to contribute to the biological validation of your own research findings.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply ?
Please complete the online application procedure and include the following documents:
- Motivation letter
- Complete CV with list of publications
- Contact information of 2-3 referees if available
For more information: please contact Diether Lambrechts.
Top-ranked candidates will be invited for an interview at the VIB in Leuven.