About Aelin Therapeutics
Aelin Therapeutics is a biopharmaceutical start-up company that has secured a 27 M€ investment to pioneer peptide-based novel modalities to create a powerful first-in-class antibiotics and agents against high-value undruggable human targets. The technology, branded Pept-ins™, harnesses the power of protein aggregation to induce specific functional knockdown of a target protein. It is based on the ground-breaking work of structural biologists Prof Joost Schymkowitz and Prof Frederic Rousseau (KU Leuven). The Pept-in™ technology allows for the rational design of novel peptide-based therapeutics and differentiates itself from other therapeutic modalities through its unique mode of action, its designability and broad target space.
Aelin Therapeutics is now recruiting to build a motivated and innovative team to realise the therapeutic potential of Pept-ins. The company is located in Leuven, Belgium. For more information please visit www.aelintx.com.
- General support to R&D activities including (Peptide purification through chromatography (HPLC), peptide analysis through mass spectrometry, understanding of chemistry and chemical structures of benefit)
- Reagent ordering, contract
- Calibration of equipment
- Compound logging and preparation of stock solutions
- Media preparation, cell culture work
- Together with the R&D scientists evaluate new procedures and techniques. Maintain procedure manuals and standard operating procedures to ensure compliance with overall R&D health and safety
- General R&D capabilities
- Good computing skills in MS Office suite, and compound databases
- Ability to adapt and adjust to changing priorities, and to take on new tasks
- Motivated team player with the ability to efficiently manage their own work
- Excellent organisational skills, eye for detail and natural desire to keep things in order
- Excellent written and oral skills (including English)
The ideal candidate will have a bachelor or master degree in chemistry or life sciences, and will have previous laboratory experience, ideally gathered in the R&D life science sector. The candidate will work with R&D scientists to support the R&D strategy.
The candidate should work effectively in a fast-paced, dynamic and exciting small company environment.
- A competitive salary and benefits package
- An entrepreneurial and stimulating working environment in an ambitious start-up biotech company
- Excellent career development opportunity, with exposure to all aspects of R&D in the company
How to apply?
Do you have the right qualifications, a bright mind, sharp instincts, collaborative spirit, and innovative vision and are you interested in joining our entrepreneurial team? Then forward a short motivation letter and your CV using the online application system.