The VIB Myeloid Cell Immunology lab, headed by Prof Jo Van Ginderachter, is looking for a motivated research technician to support the tumor myeloid cell immunology team of Dr Damya Laoui. The research in which the candidate will be involved will focus on the use of tumor-associated macrophages and tumor-associated dendritic cells as targets for cancer therapy. The MCI lab offers a dynamic and scientifically stimulating working environment within an international, young, enthusiastic, motivated team.
- The candidate should hold a bachelor degree (or higher) in biomedical, biochemical, biotechnological laboratory techniques or related fields.
- General experience in cell culture
- General experience in animal handling and husbandry background, FELASA B certificate
- Specialized experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, microscopy or quantitative PCR is a strong bonus
- Good practical knowledge of English
- Basic computer skills (text processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Willing to learn new techniques and expanding your knowledge
- Willing to participate in the general lab organization
- Strong sense of pro-active and results-oriented attitude, highly organized and structured, detail-oriented lab worker with good interpersonal and communication skills
- Full time job offer
- Contract of fixed duration (1 year, with a possibility of prolongation)
- Start from 1 September 2018
How to apply?
Interested candidates should apply online and send their resume, ideally containing contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter.