VIB is an excellence-based research institute dedicated to high-impact life sciences research and world-class technology transfer. VIB Scientists pursue basic molecular life-science research with a strong focus on translating scientific breakthroughs into novel technologies, new diagnostics, innovative medecines and improved crops and nutritional products, through close cooperation with industry.
Our institute greatly values diverse standpoints and promotes an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected.
- You are responsible for building and maintaining the external relations of the VIB Innovation & Business unit within VIB
- You collect data, create and furnish presentations and other communication materials
- You represent VIB during international missions and visits of international delegations
- You organize visits for international delegations, support the organization of network activities (general assembly, State of the Union), business and innovation related training courses
- You keep contact lists up to date
- You will play a key role in attracting foreign companies to the Flanders region (inward investment)
- You will represent VIB in the Flanders Welcome Team Life Sciences; keep the presentation and website of Flanders Life Sciences Hotspot up to date; organize networking events showcasing Flanders Life Sciences Hotspot (in collaboration with partners)
- You will organize and participate in international roadshows (in collaboration with partners)
- You will introduce the Flemish biotech community to foreign companies
- You will introduce companies to local VCs and stakeholders such as VLAIO
- You will liaise with VIB Innovation & Business and VIB Science & Technology team to look for synergies between companies and VIB
- You will maintain VIB’s relations with local, national and international stakeholders
- EU Life
- VLAIO / EWI / FIT
- Cluster organizations: Flanders’ Food, the future Blue Cluster
- Networking organizations such Flanders.bio, pharma.be, VOKA, Leuven Mindgate, DSP Valley, etc.
- You will work closely with all Business Development, New Ventures and Intellectual Property managers within the VIB Business & Innovation team
- You will report to the Communications Manager and work closely with the communication team
- PhD in biotech or biomedical sciences
- Profound knowledge of and well-networked within Flemish biotech community
- >5 years of experience within Flemish biotech network
- Motivated colleague, of proven maturity in business or network environment
- Enthusiastic, good communicator and networker
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (Dutch and English)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Team spirit
- A profesional and stimulating work environment
- An extensive network of (inter)national contacts
- Various oppotunities to broaden your expertise and develop your career
- A compensation package based on expertise and experience
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.