As a center of excellence, it is of great importance for VIB to be able to continuously monitor our performance in terms of scientific output, socio-economic valorisation, scientific and societal impact, career development of its knowledge workers during and after their career at VIB, …
For this purpose, VIB has already gathered a rich dataset since the start of the institute, which is structured in a datawarehouse. Several queries to extract guiding information to steer and improve VIB policies and business processes, including benchmarking VIB internationally to its peers have been developed and are regularly used. To further enhance the impact of this business intelligence tool, VIB is recruiting a Business Intelligence Analyst who will:
- Serve as tactical liaison within VIB to provide the most accurate and relevant information to help drive meaningful business decisions
- Gather, analyse and document raw, complex data and share data stories that make sense to business and technical audiences
- Develop and implement databases and other strategies that optimize statistical efficiency and quality
- Continually design, test, and deploy new reports - all with the goal of providing a state-of-the-art reporting environment
- Respond to ad-hoc reporting needs while ensuring data accuracy and integrity
- BA/BS in a Technical Degree (Math, Physics, Engineering, Statistics, Computer Science or other technical field) or equivalent practical experience
- Passion for turning data into insights and helping others unlock the power of their data
- Problem-solving attitude and strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze big datasets with attention to detail and accuracy and capable to summarize and design high level management presentations.
- Good knowledge of SQL
- Proficiency with business intelligence dashboarding tools and data reporting
- Demonstrated ability to analyze data to identify deliverables, gaps and inconsistencies
- Demonstrated ability to clearly articulate data stories to business and technical audiences
Desirable but not required:
- knowledge or background in life sciences can be considered an advantage
An open-ended contract in a professional and stimulating environment.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.