About the Lab
A three-year postdoctoral position is available in the Van de Peer lab at VIB/Ghent University, Belgium, starting October 1st, 2018.
The Van de Peer lab is considered a center of excellence in gene prediction and genome annotation, and comparative and evolutionary genomics. As we are involved in several international plant genome and evolution projects, we are currently looking for a bioinformatician to strengthen our genome annotation and analysis team. You will also be involved in the study of gene and genome duplications, another major interest of the research group.
- The ideal candidate holds a PhD degree in bioinformatics or computational biology (or equivalent through experience), is highly interested, ambitious, curiosity-driven and likes interdisciplinary work.
- He/she will need to interact productively with evolutionary biologists, genome biologists and computer scientists.
- Programming/scripting experience (e.g., Perl, Python, R, …) and experience working in a Linux environment are essential.
- A background in genomic, transcriptomic and/or epigenetic research and experience in evolutionary and/or comparative genomics is expected.
- Since English is the working language of the laboratory, excellent English communication skills are imperative.
- The candidate should have a proven track record with at least two publications as first author in renowned peer reviewed journals.
A three-year postdoctoral position, starting October 1st, 2018.
The successful candidate will work in the Department of Plant Biotechnology and Bioinformatics/VIB Center of Plant Systems Biology, Ghent University, Belgium. VIB and Ghent University offer a supportive and stimulating environment, with access to excellent computer and academic facilities. More information on our research and research topics can be found at http://bioinformatics.psb.ugent.be/beg/.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. Please send a single document including a letter of motivation describing your research motivation and experience, a detailed CV with a list of publications, summary of past research, and contact details for at least two referees.
For more information, please contact Yves Van de Peer.
Review of applications will continue until a suitable candidate is found.