The Metabolomics Expertise Center?
Het Metabolomics Expertise Center (MEC) is localised at the Gasthuisberg campus in Leuven and specialises in the analysis of biochemical reactions through stable isotope based tracer metabolomics.
MEC is equipped with state of the art mass spectrometers (Q-Exactive OrbiTRAP, QExactive OrbiTRAP Focus, OrbiTRAP Lumos, Agilent triple quadrupole, QTRAP) and applies a wide variety of chromatographic settings (gas and liquid) for the study of polar (metabolites) and apolar (fatty acids, lipids) small molecules.
We are a technology driven group focusing on the implementation, application and development of novel technologies onto relevant biological disease models. As such, we serve the scientific needs of a large group of academic, clinical and industrial partners that demand tailored solutions for their research.
As a project manager you will be responsible for the daily activities of the service center ensuring a qualitative and quantitative workflow for the samples from the different projects. You will supervise a team of expert technicians and data analysts. You ensure the follow-up of ongoing projects. You will develop and implement novel methods into the analysis pipeline and improve existing methods where
possible. You will take lead in some of the high risk projects and critically assess the impact together with the head of MEC (Prof B Ghesquière).
- you hold a Phd in Biomedical Sciences, Chemistry, Biochemistry, Medical Sciences or equivalent
- you can perform in stressful situations and make rational decisions when needed
- you have excellent communication and leadership skills
- you are customer oriented and you can explain complex matters in layman’s terms
- experience with LC- and GC-MS isconsidered as an asset
- experience with tracer metabolomics is considered as an asset
- dynamic and challenging research environment
- access to unique mass spectrometers training in the available technologies as well as supervision of scientific staff (leadership courses)
- your own research project (high risk-high gain)
- broad professional network (academic,clinical and industrial), national and international
- Availablility: envisioned start in September - November 2018
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.