VIB is a more than 1500 scientists counting life science research institute in Flanders, Belgium. VIB has a long-standing history of translating scientific breakthroughs into impactful innovations in society and innovative biotechnology companies.
Our research group investigates fundamental processes in living cells. We use yeast cells as a model-system to investigate how cells are able to store, change and pass on genetic information; an use this knowledge to generate superior yeast. The lab work can be categorized as a combination of microbiology, genetics and genomics with broad applications in medicine (cancer, genetic diseases) and food industry.
We are looking to recruit a creative, energetic, self-motivated, independent technician to strengthen our team.
- Bachelor degree or equivalent by training/experience.
- Team player but also capable of handling tasks independently.
- Strong sense of responsibility and eager to learn new concepts and techniques.
- Good knowledge, orally and writing in English is essential in our international research group.
- You have a positive attitude and excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Experience with molecular biology, chromatography (GC) and microbiology skills are a plus but not essential.
- You improve techniques/workflows by yourself in consultation with the team.
A full-time position in a young, international and dynamic work environment in which you will join a team of 30 young scientists (including 6 other lab technicians).
A diversified job in which you will be working closely together with other researchers in challenging experiments and fulfilling general tasks in the daily lab organization (stock management, equipment maintenance, contact with suppliers, …).
Diverse possibilities for further personal deployment (learning new techniques and technologies, taking courses).
How to apply?
Please complete the online application tool and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing previous research experience and the names and contact information of at least 2 references.
For additional information concerning this job offer, please contact professor Kevin Verstrepen.
More information about our research group can be found: https://www.kuleuven.be/verstrepen/en