About the Lab
The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven, which ranks among the world's top 50 universities. At our Center, 250 researchers study the basic mechanisms of the central nervous system and related diseases.
The Vanderhaeghen Lab is looking for a fulltime, highly motivated and dedicated research technician. Our research team works on brain development and disease, combining human stem cell technology and mouse models.
The candidate will get the opportunity to train and work with a variety of experimental systems, from molecular to cellular biology to in vivo work.
- You possess a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master/Engineer) or equivalent. A FELASA B license for animal work is an advantage.
- Experience with cell culture is a must.
- You must be meticulous, proactive, independent and self-motivated.
- You are eager to expand your skills in new technologies.
- You like to work in a team, you are passionate about science.
- You are fluent in written and spoken English.
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Learn new state of the art and pioneering techniques and tools , from stem cells to neurobiology
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Open-ended contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing previous research experience and the names and contact information of 3 references. Interested candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be welcome until the position is filled.
For more information: please contact Pierre Vanderhaeghen