Fulltime, dedicated and punctual research technician. The candidate will support the development and implementation of novel and innovative single cell sequencing-based technologies and assays within the Single Cell Core of the VIB Center for Inflammation Research.
The candidate will get the opportunity to train and work with a variety of experimental systems in the context of molecular and cellular biology and support many different teams for their single cell research.
- You will support the implementation and ongoing development of sequencing-based technologies and single-cell assays, including single-cell RNA sequencing and antibody-based single-cell analysis.
- You will apply nucleic acid analysis techniques to monitor library construction quality control.
- You develop and adhere to standard operating procedures (SOPs) to ensure high level of quality and reliability of generated results.
- You will be involved in effective testing and optimization of tissue stabilization, dissociation, and single cell isolation protocols.
- You will draft experimental plans, work instructions and SOPs. You are responsible for organization and updates of documentation associated with sample processing, analyses and reagents.
The candidate will assist and perform sample collection and single cell isolation, standard Next Generation Sequencing (NGS) workflows and molecular biology associated with single-cell RNA sequencing:
- You have a Bachelor or Master in Life Sciences or equivalent.
- You have at least 3 years of hands-on experience (wet lab) with molecular biology protocols (e.g cell culture, PCR, RNA/DNA isolation, cloning) and/or NGS workflows.
- Meticulous attention to detail, accurate reasoning and problem-solving skills are needed.
- You have basic computer skills and knowledge of data processing programs (such as MS Word, Excel...).
- You must be able to communicate effectively (written and spoken) in English
- Ability to work well in an independent way as within a team environment
- You have strong time management and communication skills to balance multiple experiments between several collaborators
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Learn new pioneering techniques and tools
- A stimulating international research environment
- Training and guidance by experienced colleagues
- Be challenged by the continuous search for novel technologies
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Open-ended contract
- Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. Please include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing previous research experience and the names and contact information of 3 references.
Interested candidates are invited to apply as soon as possible. Applications will be welcome until the position is filled.