About the Lab
Our lab is integrated in the Department of Rheumatology at the UZ campus in Ghent. In addition, our lab is part of the Flemish Institute for Biotechnology (VIB) – Center for Inflammation Research (IRC).
The main lab activities take place at the UZ campus, some assays are performed at IRC in Zwijnaarde. We offer a challenging and international lab environment, and try to unravel the mechanisms by which the intestinal microbiota contributes to health and disease, using state-of-the-art tools and technology.
We are looking for a motivated and skilled lab-technician to support the research team of Prof. Lars Vereecke. The lab is studying inflammatory diseases (mainly gut and joint pathology) using germfree and gnotobiotic mouse technology.
- Experience with various molecular biological assays (Elisa, PCR, RT-QPCR, Western blot…)
- Experience with mouse experiments
- Strong English communication skills
- Good planning skills
- Available from January-February 2019
Desirable but not required
- Strong Dutch communication skills
- Living at relatively close distance from the lab
Key personal characteristics
- Creative mind with good problem solving capacities
- Motivated and enthusiastic attitude
- Can work both independently as in a team
- Passionate about science
We offer a one-year contract for a dedicated lab technician (extension possible but not guaranteed).
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. Upload your credentials and CV on the Jobsoid platform.