VIB is an independent research institute where some 1,500 top scientists from Belgium and abroad conduct pioneering basic research in life sciences. VIB’s Innovation & Business team translates research results into concrete benefits for society, such as new diagnostics and therapies and agricultural innovations.
VIB also engages actively in the public debate on biotechnology by developing and disseminating a wide range of science-based information. To strengthen our communication team, we are looking for a young and dynamic candidate who is passionate about communicating life sciences to a variety of audiences and by means of different media.
Digital Content Specialist
As a Digital Content Specialist, you will play a key role in improving VIB’s online presence. You will create day-to-day digital content addressing VIB’s diverse target audiences for a variety of channels, including web content, e-mails, newsletters, blogs, social media posts, etc. You will work closely with the colleagues from the communications team to ensure a consistent tone of voice across all communication channels.
- You will implement strategies to grow VIB’s online communities and engage members in a way that cultivates loyalty
- You manage VIB’s website, intranet and social media channels
- You can rewrite existing texts into engaging content tailored to the target audiences and channels
- You work closely with all VIB stakeholders within headquarters, the research centers and core facilities to collect information and input and ensure that all content is up to date and accurate
- You have an eye for detail and perform on-going quality control to ensure that all copy, imagery and messages are of a high quality
- You know how to interpret Google Analytics data and implement SEO to generate more traffic
- You will prepare and present status reports on VIB’s visibility via digital media and develop a digital strategy
- You have a bachelor’s or master’s degree in Communication Management or Journalism and proven experience in copywriting for online communications
- A keen interest in and affinity with life sciences and biotechnology is a plus
- Fair knowledge of current web technologies (HTML, CSS, etc.) is a strong asset
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and basic knowledge of Drupal, CMS, Adobe Creative Suite
- Dutch or English mother tongue, and excellent story writing skills in both languages
- Digital media and communication are your passion and you are willing to embrace new technologies to further your career
- Capable of working autonomously as well as in a team
- Excellent organizational skills, hands-on mentality and attention to detail
- Ability to implement creativity along with strategy
Being part of the science communications team means that you will be working in a stimulating environment with enthusiastic colleagues and many different stakeholders. Initiative and creativity are appreciated. We encourage continuous improvement and innovation, providing resourcefulness and professionalism to enhance the quality and impact of VIB’s communication strategy.
Place of employment: Ghent
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.
A first selection will be done based on your CV and motivation letter. The selected candidates will need to do a written test.
For more information, please contact Katrina Wright (09/244 66 11).