VIB is a more than1500 scientists counting life science research institute in Flanders, Belgium. VIB has a long-standing history of translating scientific breakthroughs into impactful innovations in society and innovative biotechnology companies.
The current positions are part of a translational research team that is part of the Steyaertlab at the VIB-VUB centre for Structural Biology in Brussels. The Steyaertlab is looking to recruit two creative, energetic, self-motivated technicians to strengthen to contribute to the discovery of innovative Nanobody-derived antibody formats and applications for the use in Structural Biology.
Discover, develop, optimize, and validate Nanobodies and engineered derivatives thereof by high throughput screening as well as small scale experiments. Plan, perform accurately, document thoroughly, and evaluate properly screening, biochemical and cellular experiments with minimal supervision. Discuss results with the Expert Scientists and elaborate next steps together. Take responsibilities in daily lab organization (stock management, equipment maintenance, etc.).
Required technical skills
- You possess at least a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master) or equivalent.
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques.
- Experience with at least some of following techniques: Recombinant DNA technology, biochemical assays (ELISA), affinity determination (Biacore, Octet), phage display, yeast display, affinity purification, automated liquid handling, ...
Required general skills
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, independent and self-motivated.
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to accurately compile and document the work (proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Willing to learn new techniques, expand your knowledge, and take over responsibilities.
- Good command of English (oral and written)
- The candidate will be offered an open-ended contract.
- We provide a supportive and international environment in a world-class academic context, which results in a rewarding and highly stimulating working environment, at the forefront of life science.
- Total social security, including pension scheme and health care program.
- Starting date: as soon as possible.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
For more information, please contact Jan Steyaert.