The research group of Prof. Dr. Lennart Martens at Ghent University and VIB in Ghent, Belgium, is specialized in the storage, processing and analysis of large data sets obtained from modern high-throughput analysis methods in the life sciences.
This highly international and dynamic group is looking for a new member to strengthen its software development team. The position offers a varied and stimulating environment, with tasks consisting of supporting team members, collaborations with other research groups across the world, and the development and maintenance of end-user oriented software.
The group is very internationally oriented, and has very close collaborations with groups in Germany, Norway, Sweden and the UK, amongst others. The group offers an open, highly dynamic and rewarding working environment, in which team work, initiative and originality are strongly stimulated.
For more information:
- You have (or will soon have) a Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in informatics, science or engineering.
- You have an avid interest in software development and applied informatics.
- You are eager to acquire new skills under the guidance of experts.
- You can program in an object-oriented programming language, preferably Java or Python. Knowledge of VB.NET/C# is an asset.
- Any experience you have with (Linux) server administration and with relational databases (e.g., MySQL) is an asset.
- You are a team worker, who enjoys solving problems in close collaboration with others.
The position is immediately available.
An interesting and diverse job in an internationally leading research environment.
The successful candidate will be offered an open-ended contract.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
For more information please contact Lennart Martens.