About the lab
The FACS Core Facility is a shared resource laboratory belonging to the Biomedical Science Group at the KU Leuven group and is also embedded in the infrastructure of the VIB. As the flow cytometry technician, you report to the FACS Core manager and you will be responsible for developing, improving and implementing research techniques that contribute to the accurate completion of projects involving flow cytometry. In this function, you contribute substantially to research projects that depend on the FACS Core Facility.
- You perform daily instrument operation, maintenance and troubleshooting
- You ensure the highest level of services by running and validating quality controls
- You assist core users with cell sorting and mass cytometry experiments including technical aspects of instrument use, optimal experimental design and data analysis
- You are responsible for maintaining the supply inventory necessary for uninterrupted site operation
- You are responsible for data archiving in accordance with the core facility requirements
- You assist the core manager with practical user training on a variety of instrumentation
- You have a Bachelor degree in any of the Life Sciences
- You possess basic computer skills and knowledge of data processing programs (such as MS Word, Excel, Powerpoint etc...)
- You have experience with computer programs with an emphasis on analysis of data generated using flow cytometry (FlowJo, FCS Express)
- You have demonstrated ability to interpret and explain the theoretical basis of the work performed
- Demonstrated experience in flow cytometry, working knowledge of the BD FACSAria, BD Influx, BD Melody, BD Symphony, BDVerse, BD Canto or Helios CyToF is considered an asset
- Verse, BD Canto or Helios CyToF is considered an asset
- A good knowledge of English is essential, knowledge of the Dutch language is desirable
We offer you a multifaceted job in an international and multidisciplinary work environment and the ability to strengthen your expertise using state-of-the-art instrumentation. We offer a full-time contract for a period of 1 year, with the possibility of extension.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing previous research experience and the names and contact information of 3 references.
Interested candidates are invited to apply for this job via the online application tool.
For more information: