About the Center
The VIB Center for Cancer Biology (CCB) is one of the research departments of VIB within the University of Leuven and is located in the University Hospital Campus, Leuven, Belgium. CCB hosts 11 research groups and in total represents a group of about 200 researchers, administrative and technical collaborators. The Center has a very diverse and highly international character, hosting researchers from at least 25 different countries.
The Laboratory for Tumor Microenvironment and Therapeutic Resistance of Professor Gabriele Bergers is currently looking for a dynamic and highly motivated Research Technician to join the team.
The long-term goal of the Lab is to conduct a comprehensive investigation that defines the dialogues of heterogeneous tumor cell subtypes, and the vasculature and immune cells in the distinct tumor vascular niches in response to standard as well as targeted therapies including antiangiogenic and immune-modulating therapies. The results forthcoming, will enable us to identify suitable polytherapies that are adapted to the heterogeneous cancer responses to more successfully impede therapeutic resistance and prolong survival - https://www.vibcancer.be/gabriele-bergers
- You will be part of an international research team where your main responsibility will be to assess immunotherapy related treatments in various mouse tumor models - 50 to 60 % of your time - in particular you will carry out the in vivo experimental work (tumor inoculation, measurements, treatments, analysis)
- You will have the opportunity to learn new state-of-the-art technologies and methods
- You will participate in the daily laboratory management
- You will take part in several research projects where you will assist with cell culture, flow cytometry, FACS-sorting, cloning, PCR, sequencing, Western blotting
- You have a Master degree in Life Sciences or an equivalent with approximately 2 to 4 years of relevant experience in a research lab
- You are passionate about science and are open to a challenge
- You obtained the FELASA B certificate and have extensive hands-on experience in lab animal work
- You work in an organized, structured and meticulous way
- You are flexible and proactive
- You have a social, open-minded and communicative personality, you like to work in a team
- You have good communication and writing skills, preferably in Dutch and English
- You are familiar with common software programs (Word, Excel, Powerpoint) and basic biostatistical analysis.
- The opportunity to be part of a dynamic and multidisciplinary international research team where you get the possibility to be at the start of challenging scientific projects in cancer research
- A full time employment with an open ended contract.
How to apply ?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
For more information on the job, please contact Kevin Feyen.
Applications are welcome until May, 22th, 2019.