The research group of Prof. Dr. Lennart Martens at Ghent University and VIB in Ghent, Belgium, is specialized in the storage, processing and analysis of large data sets obtained from modern high-throughput analysis methods in the life sciences.
Recently our group created an innovative software tool (ionbot) based on machine learning from big proteomics datasets that we believe will advance the field of proteomics research significantly. To make this tool into a commercial success we are looking for an experienced developer to join and assist a small core team of Machine Learning researchers.
The tool is implemented in Python/Cython/C and runs on a dynamic cloud of Google Compute Engine Virtual Machines controlled by a Python Flask server. Your task is to further maintain/develop/optimize the current state of the tool as well as the web server infrastructure.
Our group is very internationally oriented, and has very close collaborations with groups in Germany, Norway, Sweden and the UK, amongst others. The group offers an open, highly dynamic and rewarding working environment, in which team work, initiative and originality are strongly stimulated.
For more information:
- You have a Bachelor or Master’s degree, preferably in informatics, science or engineering.
- You can setup and maintain web infrastructures, both front-end and back-end.
- Experience with Google Compute Engine (gcloud) is an asset.
- You are skilled in Python and C (Cython is an asset).
- You have experience with Linux server administration.
- You have experience with MySQL relational databases.
- You are a team worker, who enjoys solving problems in close collaboration with others.
- The position is immediately available.
- An interesting and diverse job in an internationally leading research environment.
The successful candidate will be offered an open-ended contract.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
For more information please contact Lennart Martens.