The Comparative Network Biology lab, led by Klaas Vandepoele, of the VIB Center for Plant Systems Biology is home to an enthusiastic, diverse and international group of researchers in the field of plant bioinformatics. Beyond our expertise in plant genomics, comparative genomics and scientific creativity, we are looking for a new team member: PhD student ‘Computational Tools for Network Biology in Plants’
- Fully funded PhD position with the aim to obtain a doctorate at Ghent University. In this project, the candidate is expected to
i. develop new computational methods to accurately build gene regulatory networks in different plants (model species & crops) with varying levels of genome complexity
ii. develop and evaluate methods to translate networks between model and crop species using different experimental data sources
- Reporting of results through publications in peer-reviewed international journals.
- Attending and presenting your results at international scientific events.
- Access to a diverse set of training programs at UGent / VIB (both scientific & soft skills)
- MSc in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Engineering, or similar.
- You are enthusiastic about scientific research, computational biology, and want to learn more about advanced biological concepts.
- You have good communication and writing skills.
- You are proficient in English.
How to apply?
Submit your application online and please include a letter of motivation, a detailed CV and contact info of 2 references (including e-mail addresses and phone numbers). Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.