The Technology Watch Team at VIB is continually analyzing the potential of emerging and disruptive technologies that can be used to advance research within the institute. Where appropriate, we mediate privileged access to these platforms by forming partnerships and negotiating purchasing licenses. In addition, the Technology Innovation Lab, a subunit of Tech Watch, evaluates, optimizes and implements prototype instruments and early-stage technologies in the labs across all Life Science fields, in collaboration with the VIB scientists and core facilities.
Within the Technology Watch initiative, the Single Cell Accelerator (SCA) program was launched early 2018 to ensure VIB’s prominent position in the field aiming to develop and optimize molecular and cellular based assays for single cell omics analysis, often partnered with the Industry.
VIB is currently looking for a qualified and motivated Single Cell Data Analyst.
VIB Tech Watch is looking to hire a motivated Single Cell Data Analyst to work on the SCA program. In this role, you will ensure the organization, integration, reporting and analysis of the single cell sequencing data generated in the SCA collaboration with industry. In addition, novel developed processing pipelines will be implemented, in collaboration with other teams at VIB.
In addition, you will closely work together with the PI’s and various industrial partners alongside your colleagues at the Technology Innovation lab, who will generate the single cell sequencing data.
You have a background in bioinformatics and experience with managing and analyzing (single cell) ‘omics. You have strong interpersonal skills and therefore have the capacity to work in a flexible manner in a diverse team with academic and industry partners.
- Ph.D. in Bioinformatics or Life Sciences, preferably with (single cell) sequencing background
- Experience in data curation
- Experience in sequencing data analysis (Python, R, Linux, Seurat, Scanpy, CellRanger, etc)
- Experience in analyzing large data sets
- Experience in technologies related to Single Cell analysis / Sequencing is considered a plus (Drop-Seq, SMART-seq2, 10x Genomics, etc)
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing skills
- Excellent IT-knowledge
- Strong and broad interest in the interplay of science and technology
- Strong capability to work independently as well as in team
- A working climate, in which trust, international collaboration, and commitment are essential.
- Access to state-of-the-art tools and infrastructure within an excellence-based research institute.
- A stimulating and supportive international research ervironment.
- Various training opportunities to broaden your expertise and skills.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.