We are looking for a talented and motivated student to start a PhD-project in the team of Prof. Lars Vereecke. The lab is studying host-microbiota interactions in genetic mouse models of inflammatory disease, using state-of-the-art germfree and gnotobiotic mouse technology.
The project involves multiple molecular biology techniques and inflammation assays (e.g. Elisa, QPCR, histology), cellular immunology (flow cytometry), high-end microscopy, microbiology assays and in vivo germfree and gnotobiotic mouse studies. Unraveling the molecular mechanisms underlying host microbiota interactions in health and disease can open perspectives for novel (microbiota based) therapies for multiple inflammatory and auto-immune diseases.
The lab of Prof. Lars Vereecke is part of the VIB-UGent Center for Inflammation Research (IRC), MIIT lab Prof. Dirk Elewaut, and located at the Ghent University Hospital campus (MRBII - UZ Ghent).
- The candidate must have a relevant Master degree in the field of Biomedical sciences (e.g. Biotechnology, Biochemistry, Biomedical sciences, Medicine, Molecular Biology etc)
- The candidate must have a master degree from a European University and meet all eligibility criteria to apply for a personal FWO PhD fellowship (fundamental research): https://www.fwo.be/en/fellowsh...
- The candidate must have a Felasa B or C degree for experimental animal research.
- The candidate must have obtained excellent grades during his/her master training
- The candidate with excellent grades must apply for a FWO PhD fellowship (fundamental research).
- Passionate research-oriented mind
- Critical & creative thinker
- Team player
- Able to work in an international environment
- Highly motivated & perseverant
- The candidate will have access to state-of-the-art tools and facilities, a rich training environment and the possibility to collaborate with many other groups within an excellence-based research institute.
- A working environment where quality work, trust, collaboration and commitment are essential.
- A stimulating and supportive international research environment.
- An excellent training program that allow further development of technical, soft and informatics skills.
How to appy?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.