The VIB Bioinformatics Core is hiring a motivated instructional designer to coordinate the development and implementation of e-learning activities focussing on the fields of Bioinformatics and Research Data Management.
She/he will work in close collaboration with the VIB bioinformatics trainers, trainers from the Helis Academy and participate in the e-learning activities of the ELIXIR 2019-2023 program on a local and international scale.
VIB greatly values diverse standpoints and promotes an inclusive environment in which everyone is respected.
You will be able to leverage resources in the VIB Bioinformatics Core, and can build upon VIB’s extensive expertise in bioinformatics training activities.
You will be responsible for creating e-Learning objects, with tasks including:
- Designing and producing digital educational resources (e-learning modules), including creating pedagogical scenarios, developing digital modules and media in autonomy and in cooperation with the VIB colleagues and beyond
- Establishing processes for the development and improvement of digital training
- Controlling the quality of the productions (technical, functional and pedagogical quality)
- Facilitate use of e-learning platforms and tools for the production of training material including University of Ghent’s Dodona platform
- Coordinating and facilitating workshops and training activities to develop e-learning
- You have also experience with
- Digitalisation of educational content and associated standards
- Audio-visual and multimedia production technologies
- Web and multimedia development technologies
- You have excellent oral and written English communication skills.
- You are service-minded, solution focused, results oriented, and creative with the ability to organise and prioritise work
- Having a Bachelor or Master in computational biology or bioinformatics is an asset.
The successful candidate will be offered an initial one-year contract, subject to indefinite extension upon successful evaluation. We provide an international environment in a world-class academic context, which results in a challenging but rewarding and highly stimulating work environment, at the edge of current bioinformatics technologies and the latest innovations.
Starting date: the position will remain open until filled.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online.