Context of the job opening
The VUB lab of Cellular and Molecular Immunology and VIB Myeloid Cell Immunology lab, headed by Prof. Jo Van Ginderachter, is looking for a motivated animal caretaker that will be responsible for the basic care of experimental animals (small rodents), hence supporting the laboratory’s research activities (focusing on cancer, inflammation and parasitology) The MCI lab offers a dynamic and scientifically stimulating working environment within an international, young, enthusiastic, motivated team.
- Daily care of the animals: maintenance, cleaning and disinfecting animal rooms, cages and appliances according to established SOP’s; replacing or replenishing feed and water
- Understand and follow all SOP’s
- Quality control and registration of animals
- Daily follow-up of animal health and reporting any problem to the supervisor
- Filling out forms related to animal welfare, equipment, etc.
- Weaning and genotyping of the animals according to established SOP’s
- Help with the general administration of the lab
- You hold a FELASA B (or C) degree (laboratory animal science).
- General experience in animal handling and husbandry background.
- You have a good practical knowledge of Dutch or English.
- Basic computer skills (Word, Excel,…).
- You can adapt to changing circumstances and different people. You are resilient even when it is quite busy or in the event of a setback.
- You are meticulous and even under increased pressure you will continue to deliver quality work.
- You feel involved in the success of the lab.
- You are proactive and work in a structured and organized manner.
- You have strong communication skills.
- You are able to evaluate the quality of you own work and that of others.
- Contract of fixed duration (1 year, with a possibility of prolongation)
- Start from 15 January 2020
- Monthly salary according to the baremas applicable in universities within the Flemish Community
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online: https://jobso.id/cb7z.
Interested candidates should upload their résumé, ideally containing contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter.