VIB is an excellence-based life sciences research institute based in Flanders, Belgium. With more than 1300 highly-qualified scientists, VIB focuses on translating basic research results into applications which improve our quality of life.
The VIB Nanobody Core is a Core facility of VIB, based at Vrije Universiteit Brussel. The VIB Nanobody Core focuses on the generation, characterization and engineering of the camelid-derived single-domain antibodies (VHHs), termed Nanobodies®. The Nanobodies generated by VIB Nanobody Core are further developed, together with various research groups and pharma partners, as research tools, diagnostics, therapeutics, etc. The numerous past and present partnerships with pharma and world top research groups are testimony to the recognition of VIB Nanobody Core as a world leader in the Nanobody® field.
To support our activities, we are looking for a junior technician familiar with molecular biological techniques. We offer an exciting work environment, excellent training courses, a renewable contract, and competitive salary and benefits.
- Generation and screening of phage display Nanobody libraries.
- Cloning, engineering, expression and purification of Nanobodies.
- Characterization of Nanobodies (e.g., by ELISA, FACS, SPR).
- Support in the day-to-day functioning of the lab.
- Professional Bachelor degree (laboratorium technoloog) or equivalent in Biology, Biotechnology, Bioengineering.
- Team player but also capable of handling tasks independently.
- Strong sense of responsibility and eager to learn new concepts and techniques, flexible in working hours.
- Basic IT skills and ability to work with Office software.
- Good command of English is essential, both oral and written.
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
Please send us a letter of interest describing your motivation to apply for this job, your CV and the coordinates of any references.