About VIB and VIB Protein Core
VIB is a Life Sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. VIB performs basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. The VIB Core Facilities constitute the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allow scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies.
The VIB Protein Core is a VIB Core Facility that produces recombinant proteins in a fast, efficient and qualitative way. The core assists its customers with cloning strategies, production itself as well as with the purification of recombinant proteins. Beside this, coupling of polymers or fluorescent molecules to proteins, physico-chemical characterization of proteins and measuring protein-protein interactions is gaining ground.
We are looking for a motivated lab technician to strengthen the team of the VIB Protein Core.
- Professional bachelor or master in Biology, Biochemistry, Biotechnology or equivalent
- Experience in one or several of the following items: molecular cloning, microbial fermentation, mammalian tissue culture, protein purification, quality control of recombinant proteins, physico-chemical characterization of proteins, measuring protein-protein interactions
- Support in general lab organization (product ordering, managing storage of proteins, managing data, …)
- Well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- Able to accurately compile and document the work (proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint)
- Able to identify and troubleshoot problems, solution-driven
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Willing to learn new techniques, expand your knowledge and take responsibility
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Stimulating working environment
- Open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. For more information you can contact Jurgen Haustraete.
A complete application file (Dutch or English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references