The Ravichandran lab is looking to recruit a creative, energetic, self-motivated technician to strengthen the team in the VIB-Ghent University lab.
The ideal candidate, with moderate supervision, can plan, accurately perform, thoroughly document and properly evaluate experiments. He/she can discuss the results with the postdocs in the unit and elaborate on the logical next steps together, and take responsibilities in daily lab organization (stock management, equipment maintenance, etc.).
Required technical skills
- You possess a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor/Master)
- Proficient in standard molecular biology techniques (WB, IP, RNA extraction, qPCR, PCR, cloning,..), cellular biology and immunological techniques (cell culture, transfection, infection, cellular assays, flow cytometry and cell sorting, immunohistochemistry)
- FELASA B/C certificate for animal work and prior experience with working with mice is definitely an asset
Desirable general skills
- Meticulous, detail-oriented, independent, and self-motivated.
- Able to troubleshoot and re-direct accordingly (able to identify and troubleshoot problems).
- Team player with strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to handle different projects simultaneously.
- Able to accurately compile and document the work (proficient in Excel, Word, PowerPoint).
- Willing to learn new techniques, expand your knowledge, and take over responsibilities.
- Since we are an international team, fluency in English (oral and written) is required, as this is the daily working language
You will become part of a highly motivated and fun-loving team in the stimulating scientific environment of the Inflammation Research Center (VIB/University of Ghent). You will have direct access to and potential training in many cutting edge technologies.
The Ravichandran group has excellent expertise in immunology, cell biology, mouse transgenesis and molecular biology, and consists of a team of 8 highly talented postdocs and 2 technicians, who would welcome a qualified lab colleague.
The candidate will be offered a competitive salary and benefits under an initial 1-year contract, which can be extended.
Starting date: as soon as possible.