VIB is a Life Sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. VIB performs basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. The VIB Core Facilities constitute the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allow scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies.
The VIB Bio Imaging Core is a VIB Core Facility that has specialized instrumentation for both light and electron microscopy and has been at the forefront of the development of Correlative Light and Electron Microscopy (CLEM) approaches to answer complex biological questions. The staff is the heart of the facility and the experts are there to consult, train and collaborate with users for experimental design, image acquisition and image analysis.
We are looking for a motivated lab technician to strengthen the team in Ghent.
- Support in general lab organization (managing stocks of antibodies, plasmids and lab products, placing orders)
- Maintenance and quality check of the widefield and confocal light microscopes
- Provide training for the widefield light microscopes and basic image processing
- Maintain cell lines and prepare cell-based experiments
- Organization and reporting of weekly staff meetings
- Updating of SOPs
- You hold at the minimum a degree in Biomedical or Biological Sciences (Professional Bachelor) or equivalent
- You are a service-oriented person, willing to support the research and activities of others
- You are a team player with strong social and communication skills
- You are well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- You are willing to carry out diverse tasks in the lab and general administration
- You are meticulous and self-motivated
- You can accurately compile and document your work
- You are proficient in Excel, Word, Powerpoint
- You are willing to learn new techniques, expand your knowledge and take responsibility
- You are proficient in written and spoken English.
- Experience in one or several of the following items is an asset but not required: cell culture, basic light microscopy, confocal microscopy and basic image processing
- Stimulating international work environment in a great team
- In-house training
- Access to state-of-the-art infrastructure
- Open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. For more information you can contact Saskia Lippens.
A complete application file (English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references