VIB is a Life Sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. VIB performs basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. The VIB Core Facilities constitute the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allow scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies.
The VIB Core Facilities Program comprises 11 state-of-the art core facilities, each with a specific technology focus and located on one of the VIB premises in Ghent, Leuven or Brussels (https://corefacilities.vib.be/). The role of these core facilities is to support the researchers at VIB, academia and industry with their expertise. Within the core facilities we have over 70 staff members and currently we are looking for an admin support person to strengthen our teams of the Ghent based facilities.
You will support the heads of the Ghent-based VIB Core Facilities for administrative financial and logistic tasks. You will work closely with the admin departments of the Ghent based Research Centers and VIB HQ.
- You are responsible for preparation of quotes and billing
- You are responsible for internal invoicing
- You place orders
- You follow up on payments and prepare financial status reports for the core heads
- You prepare and assemble the reports of core activity data (e.g. amount of usage of machinery, active core users, investments done by the different partners)
- You streamline the communication between the core facilities
- You support a broad range of general secretarial tasks, e.g. reservation of meeting rooms, assemble contact info for/from collaborators, etc.
- You follow up on HR matters and interact with VIB HR
- You support the core heads for agenda planning
- You keep the Core facility website and wiki pages updated
- You possess a Bachelor’s or Master’s degree or equivalent through experience
- You are experienced in financial project management
- You have general knowledge on HR related matters
- You are meticulous, well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- You can combine a diversity of tasks and work with short deadlines
- You are proficient in use of general Microsoft Office packages
- You are discrete
- You have strong social and communication skills, and are always prepared to explain and clarify
- Experience with accounting software Atlas and/or reporting software PowerBI is a plus, but not required
- You are proficient in written and spoken English, the standard language in our international research environment
- An exciting job with variation in a dynamic, innovative and international environment.
- In-house training
- Full time position with an open-ended contract
- Salary according to your experience, with several benefits (bicycle lease, ecocheques, group- and health insurance, …)
How to apply?
A complete application file (Dutch or English) should contain the following documents:
- your cover/motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references