Flamingo Therapeutics is a spin-off company from VIB/KULeuven, UGent and University of Michigan, which has started its operations in the beginning of 2020 to develop novel treatment options for various cancers, focusing on the non-coding genome. The company is based in Leuven, Belgium and is funded by top tier European investors.
Flamingo Therapeutics is looking for a motivated and proactive Research Associate- in vitro biologist to take operational responsibility in planning and executing a range of cell-based assays. You should have experience with culturing mammalian cells and carry out your work reliably and meticulously. This position is a hands-on role, where you will work with a project manager to carry out in vitro testing of compounds, including assay design, CellTiter-Glo, apoptosis detection and RT-qPCR. You will ensure that analyses are executed safely, efficiently and correctly, while taking initiatives to improve procedures where necessary. You can clearly communicate your results orally and you will prepare data reports for the project manager through the use of an electronic lab notebook system and slide presentations.
You should thrive in small-team environments where self-sufficiency, initiative and flexibility are key and lines of communications are short. You should be seeking a role to build a collaborative, interactive, diligent and science-driven culture from scratch in order to meet benchmarks and milestones set by the company.
- Applicants must have a degree in Biomedical, Biological Sciences or a related field (Professional Bachelor/Master)
- Hands-on experience with molecular biology techniques (such as RNA extraction and qPCR) and with mammalian cell culture and in vitro assay design and validation
- Industry-relevant experience in drug discovery is highly desirable
- Team player, applying your expertise to drive projects within a small team
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills
- Meticulous, independent and self-motivated
- Solution-driven mindset
- Keen to learn new techniques, expand knowledge and take on responsibilities
- Fluency in English (verbally and in writing) is mandatory
- An exciting job in a dynamic, international, early-stage biotech environment
- An opportunity to grow intellectually as the company grows
- A competitive compensation package
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online. Please don't forget to upload your resume and cover letter.