The VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology (Belgium) is searching for a grants manager to join! The research groups at the center address a broad set of questions related to neurodegenerative brain diseases and peripheral neuropathies, with an emphasis on understanding the genetic etiology and developing diagnostics and treatment methods for these diseases. Approaches range from human genetics and genomics to protein biochemistry and neuronal cell biology, while models include yeast, fly, mouse and pluripotent human cell systems.
As our grant manager, you will be working very closely with Prof. dr. Rosa Rademakers, the Scientific Director and the rest of the scientific staff at all levels. The function is high profile and demands initiative, creativity, a broad interest in research and ambition.
Specifically, your tasks are:
- Consulting with our research groups to get to know everyone's roles and identify challenging ideas, opportunities and innovative research
- Writing applications to obtain national and international funding
- Monitoring the results of submitted projects
- Go-to-person for tips & tricks on grant proposals and funding
- Maintain the center’s social media and online presence
- Participating in the development and writing of the strategic plan
- Keep close contact with VIB HQ and the members of the VIB grants office
- Updating publication database
- Should have a Ph.D. or equivalent or at least 5 years of experience in life sciences research
- Should have good communication, organizational and writing skills
- Should be motivated and independent, while being able to interact effectively with other members of the different research groups
- Should have excellent verbal and written communication skills in English; Dutch language proficiency is a plus
- Should be able to work in a fast-paced environment, to meet deadlines and handle stressful situations
- Should be familiar with the strategies and methodology of fund raising, both national and international
- A new and challenging job in which you can write your own success story
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience
- Open-ended contract
Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, a motivation letter describing your interests and contact details of referees (if available).
For more information: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
Applications are welcome until the position is filled.