About the lab
The van Loo lab (Unit for Cellular and Molecular (Patho-)physiology) is looking for a motivated laboratory technician to strengthen our team. The Center for Inflammation Research is part of the VIB Life Science Institute and our research team studies the in vivo mechanisms by which inflammation drives pathology.
You will be involved in studying inflammatory mechanisms in the skin and the development of novel therapies aimed at accelerating cutaneous wound healing responses.
- You hold a bachelor or master degree in biomedical or biological sciences.
- You are a FELASA B certificate holder
- You work independently, precise and have a critical mind
- You are dynamic and a true team player
- You are highly motivated to work on a challenging project with high biomedical relevance
- You have profound knowledge of English
Desirable but not required
- Experience with working with in vivo models is a plus
- We offer a full-time employment contract (100%) and a unique opportunity to work in a research laboratory with highly advanced equipment.
- We offer you an opportunity to improve your personal and professional skills.
- A short-term contract of 6 months with a possible extension.
- A competitive salary
How to apply?
Interested candidates are asked to apply online. Please provide a detailed cv, motivation letter and contact details of two references.