VIB is a Life Sciences research institute, based in Flanders, Belgium. VIB performs basic research with a strong focus on translating scientific results into pharmaceutical, agricultural and industrial applications. The VIB Core Facilities constitute the centralized scientific research infrastructure of the institute and allow scientists access to high-end and innovative technologies.
The VIB Core Facilities Program comprises 11 state-of-the-art core facilities, each with a specific technology focus and located on one of the VIB premises in Ghent, Leuven or Brussels (https://connect.vib.be/). The role of these core facilities is to support the 1500 researchers at VIB with their expertise. Within the core facilities, we have over 70 staff members and currently, we are looking for an Administration Support person to strengthen our teams of the Ghent-based facilities.
- You possess a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent through experience
- You are proficient in written and spoken Dutch and English
- You are eager to learn
- You have strong social and communication skills
- You are experienced in financial project management
- You are meticulous, well-organized, structured and able to autonomously plan and execute tasks
- You can combine a diversity of tasks and work with short deadlines
- You are proficient in the use of general Office packages
- Experience with accounting software (e.g. Agresso) is a plus, but not required
You will support the heads of the 7 Ghent-based VIB Core Facilities (Screening Core, Flow Core, BioImaging Core, Protein Core, Proteomics Core, Metabolomics Core, Bioinformatics Core) for administrative, financial and logistic tasks. You will work closely with the administration departments of the Ghent-based Research Centers and VIB headquarters.
- You are responsible for the preparation of quotes and bills
- You are responsible for invoicing
- You place orders
- You follow-up on payments and prepare financial status reports for the core heads
- You prepare and assemble the reports of core activity data (e.g. amount of usage of machinery, active core users, investments done by the different partners)
- You streamline the communication between the core facilities
- You support a broad range of general secretarial tasks, e.g. reservation of meeting rooms, assemble contact info for/from collaborators, etc.
- You follow-up on HR matters and interact with VIB HR
- You support the core heads for agenda planning
- You keep the Core Facilities website updated
- An exciting job with variety in a dynamic, innovative and international environment
- In-house training
- Full-time position with an open-ended contract
- Salary according to your experience, with several benefits (bicycle lease, ecocheques, group- and health insurance, …)
How to apply?
Motivated candidates are asked to apply online.
A complete application file (Dutch or English) should contain the following documents:
- your motivation letter
- your CV
- 2 references