VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The unique combination of strategic basic research and a clear focus on innovation & business is one of the major contributors to its success. VIB is highly committed to being the driving force behind the growth of the dynamic life sciences cluster in Flanders.
VIB scientists study the molecular mechanisms that regulate the functions of the human body, plants and microorganisms. Such mechanistic research leads to innovative insights into the normal and abnormal/pathological life processes, with the potential to use these insights to develop novel therapeutics, diagnostics, agricultural applications and technologies.
The Single Cell Core (SCC) is an institutional technology platform to provide access to different single cell technologies at VIB. The SCC acts as the go-to place for all single cell related activities, and brings together several key platforms at VIB (Single Cell, Cytometry, Sequencing, Bioinformatics, Bioimaging, …). Activities at the interface of these platforms require coordination and follow-up, for which we are hiring a project manager.
- Host and coordinate the Single Cell Core activities
- Direct oversight on day-to-day operations of Single Cell projects
- Act as consultancy point for Single Cell projects in the institute
- Connect all stakeholders within VIB with respect to both routine services and innovative developments
- Align the Single Cell Core activities with the mission of the institute
- Organize meetings, teaching, and training on Single Cell technologies and applications
- Report and communicate on ongoing business to VIB management and the community
- Substantial experience in managing multi-stakeholder scientific projects
- Team player with excellent networking and communication skills
- Strong biological background, single cell expertise is a key requirement
- Capable of leading laboratory aspects of large-scale collaborations
- Technology minded
- Good analytical skills
- Eager to learn and adapt in a fast-evolving environment
- Diplomatic and able to take on an integrator role
- Good oral and written English skills
How to apply?
We are looking for candidates whose experience has prepared them to contribute to VIB’s commitment to diversity and excellence.
Please direct inquiries about the position and suggestions of potential candidates to Geert.Vanminnebruggen@vib.be. Applications must be submitted online via Jobsoid. Please, provide your CV, 2 reference contacts and a motivation letter.