The VIB Myeloid Cell Immunology lab, headed by Prof Jo Van Ginderachter, is looking for a motivated research technician to support the tumor myeloid cell immunology team of Prof Benoit Stijlemans.
The research in which the candidate will be involved will focus on the use of Nanobodies (Nbs, i.e. singe variable domain of camelid heavy chain antibodies) directed against a tumor promoting factor as target for cancer therapy.
The MCI lab offers a dynamic and scientifically stimulating working environment within an international, young, enthusiastic, motivated team.
- The candidate should hold a bachelor’s degree (or higher) in biomedical, biochemical, biotechnological laboratory techniques or related fields.
- General experience in cell culture
- General experience in protein purification and protein engineering is recommended
- General experience in animal handling and husbandry background, FELASA B certificate
- Specialized experience with flow cytometry, ELISA, immunohistochemistry, microscopy or quantitative PCR is a strong bonus
- Good practical knowledge of English
- Basic computer skills (text processing, spreadsheet, etc.)
- Willing to learn new techniques and expanding your knowledge
- Willing to participate in the general lab organization
- Strong sense of pro-active and results-oriented attitude, highly organized and structured, detail-oriented lab worker with good interpersonal and communication skills
Nature of the contract:
- Full time job offer
- Contract of fixed duration (18 months, with a possibility of prolongation)
Start from mid-July or 1 August 2021
How to apply?
Interested candidates should apply online. Please upload you résumé, ideally containing contact information of 2 or 3 referees, and a motivation letter.
For more information, please contact Prof. Dr. Ir. Jo Van Ginderachter.