The Technology Watch Team at VIB is continuously analyzing the potential of emerging and disruptive technologies to advance research at VIB. Where appropriate, we mediate privileged access to these platforms by forming partnerships and negotiating purchasing licenses. The Technology Innovation Lab was set-up in 2017, as part of the Tech Watch initiative, to evaluate the potential of prototype instruments and early-stage technologies from high-potential fields (e.g. CRISPR, single-cell analysis, multiplex imaging…) to be internalized within VIB.
To this end, we are looking for a Life Sciences Technology Specialist to cover maternity leave for 1 year. In this role, you’ll assistant with the running Tech Watch activities such as project management, drafting our quarterly reports, updating the website, updating our databases, quarterly newsletters as well as being a liaison between emerging life science companies and VIB scientists. Your skill set in Life Sciences is adaptable and you already have some experience in working with new technology platforms. Alongside this, you have strong interpersonal skills and therefore have the ability to work with multiple stakeholders in a flexible manner.
- Masters or Ph.D. in Life Sciences, preferably with a technology-oriented focus
- Strong project management skills
- Strong capability to work independently as well as in team
- Excellent organizational, communication, writing, networking, negotiation and problem solving skills
- Strong and broad interest in the interplay of science, technology and business
- Excellent IT-knowledge
- Experience in technologies related to Proteomics / Sequencing / Microfluidics / Engineering / Single Cell technologies is considered a plus
How to apply?
Applications for this position should be written in English and include:
- A 1-page cover letter.
- A 1-2 page CV, summarizing the applicant’s career, including a list of publications and contact information for three referees.