Join our team as a Laboratory technician
The Rademakers team at the VIB-UAntwerp Center for Molecular Neurology, Belgium is seeking a highly motivated Laboratory technician to support the growing laboratory. The Rademakers team is a leader in the genetic and molecular studies of frontotemporal dementia and related disorders with a rich network of collaborations in clinical and basic neuroscience and access to unique patient samples and model systems.
This position will include two distinct responsibilities: mouse colony maintenance and assistance with wet-lab molecular genetic studies.
First, you will supervise and maintain the mice colonies in our animal facility. You will assist in breeding of different mouse lines as well as in doing routine check-ups to monitor animal welfare. You will also perform mouse genotyping and collect and process research samples from the animals. These responsibilities are accompanied by some administrative tasks such as updating registers and databases with regards to animal registration and legislation.
Second, you will assist in human molecular genetic research projects by performing genetic wet-lab techniques including PCR, sequencing, genotyping, etc.
We seek a dynamic individual with excellent organizational and communication skills with an interest in neurodegenerative diseases.
- You have a bachelor’s degree in laboratory science or a related domain
- You are willing to work with rodents.
- You are in possession of a certificate Laboratory Animal Science Category B
- You have a positive and energetic personality and are inclined to take initiative
- You are flexible and have a strong sense of responsibility.
- You are proficient at reading, writing, and speaking English.
Desirable but not required
- You have expertise with basic molecular genetic techniques
- You have expertise with tissue collection and downstream processing (sectioning, histology)
Key personal characteristics
- You are well-organized and structured
- Team player and eager to learn
- Flexible in working hours on occasion
- Full-time position with an open-ended contract
- Competitive salary and benefits
- A central position and exciting job in a dynamic, innovative and motivated team of scientists
- A stimulating and international research environment
- Hands-on, inhouse training
Starting date: as soon as possible
Join us → how to apply?
Submit your application through the VIB online application tool. Be sure to include:
- a detailed CV
- a letter of motivation explaining why you are interested in our work and aspire the position of lab.technician
For more information please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
For more information about our research center https://uantwerpen.vib.be/