The VIB-KU Leuven Center for Brain & Disease Research is part of the VIB Life Sciences Institute and is embedded within the University of Leuven, which ranks among the world’s top 50 universities. At our Center, more than 300 researchers study the basic mechanisms of the central nervous system and related diseases.
The Stein Aerts Lab (www.aertslab.org) is looking for a computational postdoc. Our team works on single-cell genomics and gene regulation, combining new single-cell and spatial omics technologies with bioinformatics and machine learning. In this project the candidate will develop new computational strategies to identify human genetic variation linked to cell state changes in the human brain, with a particular focus on brain regions affected by Parkinson’s disease. The candidate can use and combine single-cell ATAC-seq, single-cell RNA-seq, spatial gene expression, and whole-genome sequencing (with long reads) data. The candidate will get the opportunity to explore new analysis methods using deep learning. Depending on the interest, it is also possible to be involved in the wet-lab, to perform single-cell sequencing experiments.
- You obtained a PhD in Bioinformatics, Computer Science, Physics, Engineering, Bio-engineering, or equivalent.
- Excellent track record in Bioinformatics (e.g., GitHub or publications in computational journals)
- Programming experience is required (Python, R).
- Experience with machine-learning is a plus (e.g., Tensorflow/Keras/PyTorch).
- Experience with software containers and/or NextFlow is a plus.
- Ability to work independently and in a team.
- Access to state-of-the-art compute infrastructure
- A stimulating international research environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Financial support for at least 2 years. The successful candidate is encouraged to obtain a personal fellowship (Marie-Curie, HFSP, EMBO, or national funding organizations)
Starting date: as soon as possible
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV, two reference letters, and a motivation letter.
For more information: email@example.com