The Laboratory for the Research of Neurodegenerative Diseases headed by prof. Bart De Strooper is a vibrant environment where key issues related to Alzheimer’s disease are tackled. The team is recruiting a project manager to supervise a drug target discovery and validation platform and the identification of novel drug targets for Alzheimer’s Disease. The work involves innovative spatial transcriptomic and multi-omic approaches, stem cell biology research, and novel chimeric mice models to validate innovative targets. The work is executed in close collaboration with a new VIB spin-off, Muna Therapeutics, The innovative all-in-human target discovery and validation platform is based on proprietary insights into molecular pathways in different human brain cell types that underlie disease pathology and resilience to neurodegeneration.
You will work closely with Prof. Bart De Strooper and Dr. Wei-Ting Chen, head of discovery biology at Muna Therapeutics.
The Project Manager will organize and coordinate all the work performed in the laboratory of Bart De Strooper in the frame of this industrial collaboration. The function will be responsible for the organizational, administrative, communicative, and reporting aspects of the project. The function will in coordination with Prof Bart De Strooper and Dr. Wei-Ting Chen be responsible for the definition of deliverables and milestones and the delivery of those in time, within budget, and within scope. The project manager will prepare the reports for the board of Muna. The project manager will be the contact person for questions on payments, budget allocations, etc., and the interface between VIB and Muna.
- Ph.D. in biomedicine or equivalent
- High motivation to research neurodegenerative diseases
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills
- Excellent communication and administrative skills
- Interested to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Strong communication skills, both orally and in writing, in English
- Good networking skills
- Team player, able to work independently and respecting strict deadlines
- Experience in biotech or industry
- Experience in project management
- Experience in technology transfer
- A dynamic working environment consisting of motivated and competent researchers and engineers, where quality, professionalism, diversity, and respect for social and cultural differences are among the basic values.
- A work environment in which bridging research, project management, education, and biotech is central.
- An open-ended contract.
- A competitive compensation package based on expertise and experience.
Start date: as soon as possible - the position is available immediately
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV incl. list of publications, a motivation letter describing research interests and previous research experience, and the contact information of at least 2 referees.
For more information: please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.