Location position: Campus Gasthuisberg Leuven and/or Technologiepark Ghent
VIB is widely recognized as an established and world-leading knowledge center in life sciences and biotechnology with an excellent reputation in technology transfer. The unique combination of strategic basic research and a clear focus on innovation & business is one of the major contributors to its success. VIB is highly committed to being the driving force behind the growth of the dynamic life sciences cluster in Flanders. VIB scientists study the molecular mechanisms that regulate the functions of the human body, plants, and microorganisms. Such mechanistic research leads to innovative insights into the normal and abnormal/pathological life processes, with the potential to use these insights to develop novel therapeutics, diagnostics, agricultural applications, and technologies.
The Single Cell Core is a novel institutional set-up to provide access to different single-cell technologies at VIB. The core is the go-to place for all single-cell related services and currently, we are looking for a full-stack/front-end developer to design and manage web applications for project management, communication, and outreach.
You will work within the VIB Single-Core Facility at the front-end/back-end services of several web applications.
- Design and manage web applications, change and maintain existing programs
- Cooperate with our back-end developers to design user-side and server-side architectures.
- Ensure the integrity of branding elements, appealing visual design, and user experience standards
- Integration with other (web) applications using (REST) APIs
- Help evolve the overall architecture of our applications to ensure maximum performance, usability, and stability.
- You are a full-stack developer, with a strong interest in building front-end UI.
- A strong interest in appealing visual design, with attention to user experience
- Proficient with at least one of the back-end technologies (.NET core, PHP, Python, …)
- Basic knowledge of SQL and NoSQL databases
- Understanding the design principles behind scalable and reliable applications
- Code management skills using git for version control
- Fluency in English is a prerequisite to support research and operations at VIB.
Nice to have
- Experience with the Laravel ecosystem, VueJS or React.
- Familiarity with Adobe Illustrator, InDesign, or Photoshop
- Experience in working with geographically distributed teams
- Knowledge of any of UI/front-end frameworks (Bootstrap, Skeleton, …)
- Experience with Linux/Bash, R, or Nextflow workflow frameworks
- A full-time contract.
- Starting date: as soon as possible
- Attractive salary package and benefits.
- You will be working with an international team of scientists with a flexible on/off-campus working schedule.
- Possibity to work at the Biotechnology campus Gasthuisberg and/or Gent-Zwijnaarde.
How to apply?
Please complete the online application procedure and include a detailed CV with 2 references and a motivation letter.